SET Maritime & Electrical
With over 40 years’ experience in the marine industry, we specialise in:
- Technical advice in all aspects of compliance with an emphasis on electrical against the National Standards for Commercial Vessels (NSCV) for Domestic Commercial Vessels (DCV).
- Dynamic Positioning – Developing and conducting trials and undertaking FMEA studies.
- Auditing of Safety Management Systems.
- Provision of technical advise as an Expert Witness.
SET Maritime & Electrical has the experience and technical expertise in all areas of vessel operational management, providing comprehensive reports that will:
- Outline statutory requirements, and;
- Assess and offer clear recommendations on the operational status of the engineering systems.
SET Maritime & Electrical is located in Brisbane and was established in 2011 by Mark Smith, a highly regarded AMSA Accredited Marine Surveyor, Chartered Marine Engineer and Electrical Contractor, with over 40 years’ experience.
Mark is a member of the Australasian Institute of Marine Surveyors, and Fellow of the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST).
The term “leakage current (in installations)” refers to the current in a circuit which, in the absence of damage, flows to earth or to extraneous-conductive-parts. In all electrical installations, there will generally be some current that will flow through the...
One of the requirements when registering your boat, is the completion of the Queensland regulated ship registration application (F3525). Here’s what you need to be aware of regarding marine electrical safety
Some boat owners are unaware that electrolysis is something they need to be highly alert to. Learn to recognise the signs and act before its too late